7.1.03

Sunday~

i had such a fabulous day, hiked up South Mountain with some friends and family (including juju). was so relaxing, and more than relaxing, it was comforting. i remember hiking a lot when i was younger- when i lived in Albuquerque. I wonder if i spelt that correctly, hmm...lived there for 3 years, guess it never sunk in. anyway, i remember hiking when i lived there- almost every weekend, with my sister, neighbor and her daughter. She'd make us sandwhiches and trail mix, then we'd fill up canteens, those water bottles that are kinda flat and round, with water, and head out. as soon as we got to the trail and started hiking i'd look for a stick. a good STRONG walking stick- those are pretty hard to come by, you know- and if i was lucky, i'd find one. i don't remember seeing anyone else on those hikes, just the four of us- A. her daughter, me, my sister- but then again, we'd loosely stick to the trail. actually, i never realized that there was a trail, so far as i was concerned i was the first to ever walk that path. so maybe we did, maybe we didn't- it was all the same to me, dirt under my feet. i remember being so happy. our water was hot, sandwhiches smushed- but all that didn't seem to matter- bliss, i knew nothing of fatigue back then.
This time, i left the sandwhiches behind. This time, instead of carrying my walking stick, i carried grocery bags to pick up juju's poop. This time, there were aches- in my thighs, my arms, my lungs- ha, probably shouldn't have run up and down that thing, body ain't what it used to be. This time, i stuck to the trail- and saw my friends... my family... family friends... my friend's family...all randomly through out my run along it. so many changes between then and now. so many. it was still bliss though, still wonderful- must have been cause my water was still hot. good ole water, steady as a rock. ya, i'm sure that was why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home