31.5.04

I find incredible, more so than man's ability to forgive, man's ability to forget.
I have forgotten a lot in my 21 years: appointments, events, names, faces...punctuation. But today I add one more to the list- Pain. I looked at a bag of tea leaves earlier today- in the Duty free shop at the Mumbai international Airport- and someone came to mind. I think of that person enough, and quite fondly infact, to where it wasn't the thought of them that was remarkable, but my reaction to it. That bag of tea leaves brought back so many memories- good ones, long ones, sweet ones. But for some reason, no painful ones. I suppose you're wondering what the hell i'm talking about, or who the hell i'm talking about- well stop it, just read. Today I realized that I am caring by nature. There are those who can stop caring, stop feeling simply because they want to- attribute it to a cold heart, will power or plain ambivalence...whatever it may be, I can't do it- I simply am not capable, nor do I want to be. I think i'd be much lonlier if I were.
I didn't buy those tea leaves today, but I did take away something nice from that little shop with outrageously high prices. Perhaps something priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home