17.6.04

Bangalore is FABULOUS! Spent the weekend there, I love it!! Big city- lots to do/see- but still has that small town feel. And the weather is perfect- think phx in October but with a light drizzle of rain ?

Speaking of doing and seeing- we did and saw a lot. I’ll try to be to the point about it, but eh…you know how that goes.

Part I: The garden city

We arrived on a Friday afternoon- my grandfather (my mother’s uncle) picked us up. He’s a sweet man- thin, tall with a slightly ruffled hair cul-de-sac up top. We all ate lunch together, took in a little kanada T.V, went on a walk through Cole’s park ( a very pretty little park close to their house….there is a large Muslim and Christian population in bangalore so all through our walk we’d come upon these beautiful mosques and churches.) My uncle (mother’s cousin) and his wife came home a few hours later. They are SUCH a lovely couple. That first night was chit chatted away…

The next day we took in the city. Went to Lalbaugh gardens first- there we saw this flower exhibition, it was like a contest to see who’d come up with the most original flower arrangements. Some of the creations were totally amazing! I took lots of pictures, so I’ll be sure to show you guys ?.
After we toured the gardens we headed home for some lunch and shut eye, then woke in time to head out again in the evening. (actually, in between sleep and heading out for the evening vibha and I got our eyebrows threaded in a REAL LIVE INDIAN beauty salon….I wish I could say something random or awesome happened, but no.)
That night we went out to this really upscale bar/restaurant/club…although I have serious doubts as to how clubby that place- it was really REALLY nice. We went because they had a dance floor- and our uncle, being the sweet guy that he is, was like- sadhu and vibhu like to dance, let’s go here.
No dancing happened that night. For one, the place was just too nice to just get up and dance and moreover, the place was barely full. So, despite the DJ’s protestations, we got up and left. By this time though it was about 10:30 and apparently every place worth going would close by 11. We spent the rest of the night, till about 12 I think, walking around downtown Bangalore, chatting, laughing about what some people were wearing…and about what some people were NOT wearing.
We came home exhausted and hungry but in the BEST of moods- ate, played cards and talked till late night then finally got to sleep…only to wake after 4 hours to leave for Mysore.

To be continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home