7.6.04

So today- today for me, tomorrow for you as I am in India and about 12.5 hrs ahead of AZ time- is my sister’s 19th birthday and my parents 24th wedding anniversary. Cool huh ? We’re celebrating vibha’s birthday here in grand south Indian style- my grandmother will wake her at 6 am, soak her from head to toe in oil and then line her feet with manjal (haldhi, turmeric). Then, after we’ve showered we’ll go to the temple, pray- come back and have something sweet.
I think we’re planning on taking her out for lunch with family- my uncle’s parents and my grandmother. Then we’ll come back and in the evening we’re celebrating with thulaj mama’s family- who are SO nice. Really, I can see why Thulaj mama is the way he is, his family is exceptionally loving, caring and giving. They’ve only known us for about 3 days and but I feel as if I’ve known them all my life. And they have the sweetest dog- Nix- who’s like a little teddy bear of love.
So that’s vibha’s birthday, on Friday we’ll continue the celebrations by going to see Harry Potter. For my parents though, sadly- this year I wont be able to do anything, so please call them and wish them or stop by to see them ? they’d love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home