19.10.06

sadhu.blogspot.com presents.....news of the weird:

2:00 pm, at work, conversation in an elevator:

elevator doors open.. i step in side, smile and nod at the guy already in there

him: Rene, how's it going?
me: Sadhana, done for the day- so extremely well, how're you?

him: OH my god! that is so amazing
me: um, pardon?

him: your name, you look exactly- EXACTLY- like i'd picture a sadhana to look!!

(gay?)...................(on a side note, good to know my look doesn't scream "humphrey!"...and on an aside to my side note, 'a sadhana'??? wtf?!?)

him: anyway, i'm doing well...fabulous shoes by the way, i love the red.

(um, let's go with a 'yes')

him: so hey, i've been meaning to ask- you're new here right?, would you like to join me for some coffee or something, lunch, if ever you don't have plans?

(woah, straight?)

me: oh, well i usually eat on the run, but thank you!
him: no matter, just let me know if ever you're free....it was nice meeting you, and, again, totally loving the shoes.

(no no, most assuredly gay- *BIG sigh*)

me: haha, well pass along your size and i'll get you a pair, take care

........
several hours later- 8:00 pm- at the grocery store loading up on juice, etc... in my mighty mouse pjs and a hoodie, standing in line to check out the oddities continue:

indian dude behind me: hey are you stalking me???
me: huh??

desi ka romeo: oh, i'm sorry i thought you were someone else!!
me: (awkward) ha, no matter...

dkr: you go to asu?
me: yes

drk: you go to asu and you live all the way down here???
me: hmm...yes, it's not that bad

("all the way down here" is about 8 miles away)

drk: oh man, you should live closer!
me: yes, i suppose i should, it's really not that bad though
drk: but it's such a waste of gas and i'm sure you'll be closer to the social circuit
me: i get by, the commute doesn't break the bank- besides
drk: well, i live closer... aren't you jealous???
me: (no, sir, but i am feeling a little bit catty) haha, no, but i am curious- you shop all the way down here???? isn't it a dreadful waste of gas??
drk: ya (completely oblivious to the sarcasm), but it's close to work for me, so not bad- if you want i could show you a few apts.
me: thanks, i think i'm good with the status quo-appreciate it though, do take care.
drk: you too, don't get mugged outside!
me: (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) *smile, nod*


i tell you what- when it rains, it pours- pours CRAZY all over this town ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow what a day theriyada?
Nice meeting different people isn't it? HEHE. Have a great day ma!

23/10/06 5:33 PM  
Blogger ck said...

Did he offer to buy you a gallon of milk?

24/10/06 8:57 AM  
Blogger vi5in said...

Yeah, that would have been awesome if he offered to buy you milk.

28/10/06 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, all grocery stories now fall short of the milk dude.

30/10/06 10:35 PM  
Blogger Javatini said...

Was fun reading this. High on entertainment value..second dude's conversation aint that weird :-)

25/11/06 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home